This, That, and the Other...

Monday, March 08, 2004

HOLI

Holi was so HORRIBLE this year. It could have been a lot lot better.

We guys who had gone to Daytona had planned to reach Orlando by 8pm on Saturday night and goto the temple to see the Holi celebrations. But that never happened. We reached here at 9pm because some guys wanted some rest before they reached here. Then everyone had to take bath and get ready, so the idea of going to the temple was completely packed. But we decided to play Holi on Sunday morning in the temple. But all suckers woke up at noon and the celebrations were over by then. I was only able to put some colors on a couple of my friends. I was totally pissed at the end of the day.

Basically, none of the guys here had any enthu to play holi. I cannot understand why people dont like Holi, especially guys like Pande and Kamal who have been in IIT!

I had gone home during the first holi and played an okay-types holi there. But when I came back to the hostel, I cud see all walls covered with colors and I got to know that guys there had the best holi of their lives. I felt I had made a BIG mistake by going home. And the next holi proved it true!

Holi in IIT was all about unrecognizable half-naked poeple running around the campus tearing other guys' T-shirts. We had a custom that every guy has to wear a torn T-shirt around his waist. So the guys have to enter the quadrangle wearing a t-shirt and evryone comes over to tear off the T-shirt. We then swing that guy in a swamp of holi water, and it feels awesome, until u r turned head-down and swung in the water :D We had small ponds in each hostel where we drowned and splashed others. It was really great playing in the ponds.

I had gone to the beach once and it was a really memorable trip. All of us half-naked-colored guys were sitting in the bus, and when we came out of the campus the day seemed a normal one to all outsiders: People were going to offices, children to school and iitans to the beach. There was no holi going on in the city. I cannot forget the looks of people's faces when they saw us going in the bus! They were dumbstuck, scared, furious and everything else that u can think of. We cudn't help but make faces on them. We had already had a lot of fun by the time we reached the beach. Holi went on for an hour on the beach till the police came over and forced us out of the beach (I guess they had never heard of holi in their life!). We reached back home all happy and then had the special grub: same old payasam, banana chips, puri, chole and kheer.

Wow! Those were some great holi days in life. Wish my next holi will at least be slightly better than the present one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home