This, That, and the Other...

Friday, February 27, 2004

CLASSES

The only time when I used to reach classes on time in IIT was in my first year. After that no matter how hard I tried I was never able to reach classes before time. But I was much better than most of the class. Guys like Mousie and Subzero used to reach the class 20mins after the start of the class. The only prof who tried to discard this habit was Dr. Rajaraman. He used to close the class doors 5mins after the start of the class. But this did not help in getting us to his class in time, and he finally packed closing the door within 2 weeks!

The lectures used to be okay types - if profs were good, they were really REALLY good, otherwise worrrsht only! Ksri was one such fart. If he wud write notes on wat he covers in classes, he wud write a book thicker than the Lord of the Rings!!!!! But the same thing wud be covered in 3 pages in the text book :D Imagine the amount of fart he put. I used to take novels in his class and read them sitting on the second bench. I never cared that he wud catch me reading novels, and I guess he never cared that I was reading novels in class. KAN was another memorable prof. Nobody used to understand wat he mumbled. U shud hear how Subby Reddy speaks. Unfortunately, his hischool teacher never taught him punctuation marks, and he misses them even when he's speaking. Imagine wat it wud b like (read this para ignoring the punctuation and u wud understand)!!!

But some studdd profs were in structural engineering. They had full fundaes + cud teach very well.

Its different here. Since I am a grad student now, I have to take up coursework only in my field, and there r only 3 profs in the field: all 3 FART!!! at least my advisor is okay, but others r pathetic! They just read out slides and presentation files from the notes. Its as if they just wanna get over with the class. I think it's true to a large extent that profs r not really interested in taking up classes. They just wanna do research and make money. So they force themselves to take classes. Poor us!

Wat more can I tell abt classes here? they r boring anywhere, as is today's blog :P will try to make the next blog more fun

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home